The American Cancer Society offers these suggestions:
- Try to think positive, and talk to others about what you're feeling and how you're coping.
- Stick to a very healthy diet, including lots of plant-based, low-fat foods, and little to no alcohol. Avoid foods that are high in salt, are smoked, or are pickled.
- Eat plenty of small, nutritious snacks each day, especially those high in protein.
- Make sure that you get enough calories and protein in your diet, and try to eat regularly throughout the day.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight. Ask your doctor if it is safe for you to get 30 minutes of moderate exercise on most days of the week.