The American Pregnancy Association offers these suggestions to help relieve dizziness during pregnancy:
- Try not to stand up for long periods. When you do have to stand, move your feet frequently to help maintain your circulation.
- When you start to stand up, do so slowly.
- Keep a cool body temperature. Avoid very hot baths or showers.
- Don't go too long without eating.
- Make sure clothing is loose and not so tight that it can reduce blood circulation.
- Ask your doctor about other factors that could cause dizziness. In some women, lying on their back may impede blood flow as the weight of the fetus presses on certain blood vessels.